Monday, March 18, 2013

Wonderfully and Fearfully Made

The past two and a half months have just flown by.  This year is almost a quarter over already and it feels like it just started.  Of all the weeks in the year so far, my favorite would have to be last week.  Why, yes, it was spring break.  How'd you guess?

It was my favorite week not just because of the break though.  I had an amazing time with my husband and Little Bit.  I was spoiled last week by so many things I am not fortunate to experience in abundance during a normal work week.  I enjoyed laying in bed until seven in the morning.  I cherished all the kisses and "I you's" (I love you in Little Bit speak) I was showered with all day long.  I loved not having to rush and be on a schedule.  The little things mean the most to me.  Especially the quality time with Little Bit and the Hubs.

Of all the days off I had last week, Thursday was exceptionally special.  The Hubs and I had an absolutely amazing date.  We dropped off Little Bit at a stranger's house.  Well, they are strangers to you.  Hehe.  No, we dropped her off at a friend's house and we went to a park with both a hiking trail and a lake.  Very beautiful place.  A place where you can actually stop and breath.

We started by walking the hiking trail.  No big.  I love hiking.  Except I wasn't prepared to hike.  It is quite funny.  Picture this:  I am wearing a skirt.  Okay.  Stop laughing.  It happens every once in a while.  And I was wearing "pretty" shoes.  Not dress shoes.  Kind of like flats with a stretchy strap that goes around the heel.  Yeah.  It was pretty funny trying to walk.  We had to stop every minute or two just so I could put the strap back around my heel as it kept sliding down, and my shoes kept trying to come off.  Definitely not conducive to hiking.  I can just vision it in my head as if I was watching myself walk.  Very humorous.  And just so you know, I still have a few blisters on my feet from that.

It is my fault.  I told my husband to plan it.  He then decided he didn't want to tell me what we were doing because he wanted to surprise me.  How cute?!

Even through the mishap of the wrong outfit, I was still able to breath in the scenery.  The trees shaded the pathway from the effulgence of the sun.  The melodies of the birds filled the otherwise silent air.  The deer frolicking in the daisies.  Okay, okay.  There were no daisies.  Or deer.  But I imagined seeing deer peeking through the trees watching us as we strolled by hand in hand.  *Sigh*.  A girl can dream.

After the hike, we went over to the lake and sat at a picnic table.  We breathed in the view.  Amazing.  As much as I fear water, I can appreciate the aesthetics of the body of water.  We sat here until a neighboring table decided to drown out our conversation with their obnoxious music.  That was our cue to leave.  My stomach was telling us it was time to leave anyway.

Not only did I have an amazing morning with the Hubs, I was able to revel in the beauty of the Creator.  To know that God spoke the sun, the trees, the birds, the water into existence just amazes me.   And even more that he bent down into the dirt and formed man with His own hands.  And then breathed the breath of life into his nostrils.  "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7.

God is not JUST God.  He is OUR Creator.  "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:13-14.  "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."  Genesis 1:1.

I am not here on accident.  It was a purpose.  God created me.  He has a purpose for me.  There are times I question my purpose.  Don't we all?  But I know He has a plan for me.  Jeremiah 29:11 tells me this.  "I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Remember, you are a purpose.  God is your Creator.  He formed you in your mother's womb.  Not on accident.  Not a fluke.  A purpose.  He made the stars that you can gaze at during the dark hours of the night.  He made the sun that kisses you awake at the break of dawn.  He created the trees that provide relief from the radiant sun.  He created the flowers that provide a sweet fragrance.  The God that created the world in spoken word, created you with His hands.  You are wonderfully and fearfully made.  God loves you that much to not speak you into existence.  He loves you so much that He got down on His knees to make man.

Not only am I able to revel in His created beauty, I am able to realize I am part of that only By God's Amazing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment