Thursday, July 25, 2013

Something Beautiful

I have been living in a new state for about three weeks now.  It feels much longer.  But that's it.  And it has been a very busy three weeks.  The first week was spent getting the car registered and getting our licenses.  The second week was working on my new classroom.  The third week has been sight seeing.  Has been an amazing three weeks.

During one of our sight seeing trips, we went on a walk along a canal.  The Hubs, Little Bit, and I walked about 4 miles.  Would have been more if it wasn't for a down pour.  There were trees lining the walk way.  The evergreens are beautiful.  I am excited about seeing snow on them this winter.  Only animal I remember seeing was a rabbit.  There might have been horses, but I cannot remember.

For the most part, everything we saw was beautiful.  Except this one section.  There was a group of shrubs that looked like spiders made into their own little town.  It was either spiders or cotton, but either way.  I am sure they had hotels, grocery stores, schools, and parks in there.  I am thankful I didn't see the construction workers.  With the size of the little town, I would expect a large family to live there.  But it wasn't...beautiful.  It looked like a mess.

But then I noticed something.  A flower.  A beautiful flower was in full bloom in the middle of the mess.  The flower was untouched by this little town created by something I did not want to come in contact with.  There weren't any other flowers at all there.  Just that one.  And it stood tall.

It made me think.  My life is a mess.  Not every part of me is beautiful.  There are a lot of not beautiful parts to me, actually.  But in the middle of my mess, in the middle of the lack of beauty, God has found something beautiful in me.  He has found something He can use in me.  He has created something beautiful in me.  That part stands tall.  It is untouched by the mess, by the ugliness.

However messy your life is, there is something beautiful there.  Let God use it.  Don't hide behind something ugly.  Stand out with something beautiful.  

It is like that saying goes, "Only God can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, a victim into a victory." (Not sure who to give credit to for this saying.)  Only God can take our mess and make something beautiful out of it.  Only He can shine through us and make us beautiful.  We just have to let Him.  We can only do this By God's Amazing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment