Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Let's Taco Bout Jesus

 Let's taco bout Jesus! The King of kings is He.  The Lord of Lords supreme. Through all eternity.  The Great I am, The Way, the Truth, the Life, the Door.  Let's taco bout Jesus more and more.  

Everytime I wear this shirt, This song is in my head.  I usually end up singing it all day long.  Which I'm sure starts to annoy those around me. But I enjoy singing and especially about Jesus.

But I have to do more than sing about Jesus.  I have to actually do what the song says.  I need to actually talk about Jesus.  

They say it is not just about talking the talking, but also walking the walk.  But in this instance, it needs to be both.  People need to know about Jesus.  But for people to know about Jesus, we must talk about Him.  

When I am around people, the words that come out of my mouth usually include "my husband this and my husband that."  I like to talk about my husband.  He is the love of my life.  I want others to know about the amazing husband of mine.  

I love my husband beyond words.  But you know, I love Jesus even more.  If I love Jesus more than my husband, than shouldn't the words that come out of my mouth include "my Jesus this and my Jesus that?"

Have you ever thought about your relationship with Jesus?  Why you follow Him?  What you would tell others about Him?  

Jesus was there at creation.  Everything we see is because of Him.  In John 1, we read that In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made."  The flowers, the trees, the animals, us...we are part of His creation.

Jesus was with Abraham when he was tested with his faith.  Would Abraham sacrifice his son just as Jesus would be sacrificed centuries later?  When Isaac asked his father, "Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the Lamb for a burnt offering? ...Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering." Genesis 22:7 and 8.  Abraham knew that God would provide His one sacrifice.  He would provide Jesus. 

Jesus was with David when he faced Goliath.  In 1 Samuel 17, David offers to fight Goliath.  He chooses to fight without armor and uses only a sling and five stones.  When he approaches Goliath, he said, "Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.  This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand;...that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.  And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands."  Jesus was with David on the battlefield.

Jesus came as a child to live a life like ours.  He had the same nature as you and I.  He had opportunity to sin yet chose not to.  And His whole purpose of coming to the earth was twofold.  One--to sacrifice His life for you and me so we can have eternal life. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.  Two--to show the character of His Father, God.  In John 1verse 14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we sw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." And then chapter 7 verse 18, "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."  Jesus even tells the disciples in John 14 verse 10, "the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works."

Jesus will come back again.  In John 14 verses 1-3, Jesus tells us to not let our hearts be troubled.  "in my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."  There will be a second coming. Jesus will come back for us.  We will not have to live in this sinfilled world forever.  He promised we would be with Him.  And that second coming isn't too far away.  Praise the Lord!  We will live eternally with Him.  And it will be soon!

And that is only from the Bible.  That is not even from my personal experience with Him.  So others about Jesus.  Your actions do speak louder than words.  But your words do need to speak as well.  You can do it!  We can do it!  But only By God's Amazing Grace!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment