Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Written for Me

 Many times people say that the Bible is outdated.  It was written in a different time and place.  We have changed and the Bible does not apply to us today.  Well, I beg to differ.  I believe the Bible was written just for me.  And for you for that matter.  

In the most famous verse in the Bible, I find my name.  You don't believe me?  Let's read it.  For God so loved Brandy that He gave His only begotten Son that if she believes in Him, she will not perish but have everlasting life.  John 3:16.  See! I'm right there in the Bible!  

But that is not all.  There are many verses in the Bible that were written just for me!

Genesis 1:27-28 says So God created Brandy in His own image, in the image of God created He her...and God blessed her!

Man!  God created ME in HIS image! Isn't that powerful!

And this theme is continued in Psalm 139:14.  The psalmist wrote about me! Brandy will praise Thee; for she is fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Thy works; and that she knoweth right well.

He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made!

Jeremiah continued this theme!  He says in chapter 1 verse 5 that before I formed Brandy in the belly I knew her! He knew me before He made me!  How amazing is that!

A verse that means a lot to me was also written by the psalmist.  It is written with the definitions as well.  For God has possessed or created Brandy's reins, her desires of the heart, God has covered or protected Brandy in her mother's womb.  Anyone who knows my story knows why this verse is important.

Paul wrote about me to the Romans.  Chapter 5 verse 8 says that God commendeth His love towards Brandy, in that, while Brandy was yet a sinner, Christ died for her! I am so thankful that God died for me knowing my sinful nature.  And even more,  John wrote about me on this very same topic in 1 John 4:9-10.  In this was manifested the love of God towards Brandy, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that Brandy might live through Hi.  Herein is love, not that Brandy loved God; but that He loved Brandy, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for her sins.  Praise the Lord!

In Deuteronomy chapter 7, verses 6-9, Moses wrote about me.  He said Brandy is a holy person unto the Lord thy God; the Lord thy God has chosen her to be a special person unto Himself, about all people that are upon the face of the earth.  The Lord did not set His love on Brandy, nor choose Brandy, because of anything she has done.  But because the Lord loved Brandy, and because He would keep the oath which He had sworn unto Brandy's ancestors...know therefore that the Lord thy God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with Brandy who loves Him and keeps His commandments to a thousand generations.  

I didn't do anything for Him to chose me.  He has set me apart.  How amazing is that?

God called me His daughter in 1 John 3:1, Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed on Brandy that she should be called a daughter of God; therefore the world knoweth Brandy, not because it knew Him not.

In Romans 8:38-39, I found my name! For Brandy is persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate Brandy from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus her Lord! Nothing will separate me from the love of God!

I could go on and on and on.  I am written about throughout the Bible.  The Bible is relevant today, yesterday, and tomorrow.  But the Bible was not written just for me!  It was written for you as well.  Read it!  Find your name!  You are in the Bible, too!  Jeremiah wrote a verse about you.  In chapter 29, verses 11 and 13 it says For I know the thoughts that I think toward (insert your name here), saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end...and you shall seek me and find me when you search for with all your heart. You are there. 

Read God's promises.  Insert your name in those verses because they were written for YOU!  God loves you.  Behold, I have graven Brandy, Susan, Cheryl, Abbi, Gary, Donna, Steven, your name here, upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.  You are on the palm of God's hands.  You have been etched in.  Read the Bible today.  Find that verse.  Leave your verse with your name down in the comments.  I'd like to see where you are in the Bible.  You will find it.  

The Bible is still relevant.  God loves you. You will find your name, your verse.  It is possible only By God's Amazing Grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment