Monday, April 29, 2013

Blessings and Miracles


I remember when I was told to take over the eighth grade math position with just a few short weeks until they had to take the state test.  With eighth grade, they have to pass the test to go on to the next grade.  I remember thinking, “What are they expecting?  A miracle?”  I went in doing my job not expecting to see the results they wanted to see.  I went in as me, a teacher who is passionate about her kids and wants what is best for them.  I gave them everything I had.

When I went in, the students had just taken a practice test.  The results were not pretty.  Only seven percent of the students passed the test.  I felt there was nothing I could really do except get the class under control and get their minds in the right place for the test.  I honestly believed that the actual results would be just as bad.

But I never quit.  I never gave up.  I kept teaching.  I gave them all the knowledge I could.  I never cast them out as a hopeless cause.  I treated them like I had all my classes previously. 

Then the day of the test came.  I assured my kids that they could do it.  They just needed to believe in themselves.  They needed to try and not give up.

We anxiously waited for the results of the test.  Everyone wanted to know how they did.  Everyone was sitting on pins and needles. 

And finally the day arrived.  The results were in!  I analyzed the data.  Then I reanalyzed the data.  Then I had to look at it again.

God had used me to perform a miracle!  Not only were my students comparable to another teacher at the school, but 48% of the students increased their scores from the practice test to this real test!  The average score increased from the practice test to the real test. 

God used me to perform a miracle, but not just with the test scores.  I was able to give the kids hope.  I was able to show them they could do it.  I was able to give them confidence.  They had none of that before I went into the classroom.  I could not have done that on my own.  God worked through me!

So when you are put in a situation, remember, God is in control.  He put you there for a reason.  He knows what your strengths are.  He knows how to use your talents.  He will put in a place to utilize this talent.  He has a purpose for everything.  We serve a mighty God!  Instead of asking why you are there, ask “How can God bless others through me while I am here?” 

God was able to not only bless me in this position, but He was able to bless others through me.  This was possible only By God’s Amazing Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment