Sunday, April 7, 2013

Just a Call Away

I had a wonderful weekend.  Hubs, Little Bit, and I went camping with our church family.  It was an amazing weekend filled with blessings, friendship, trials, praises, fun, and the beautiful outdoors.  I have always loved camping, and it brought back a lot of wonderful memories from when I was growing up.

There was a point in time over the weekend that I was looking for the Hubs and was not able to find him.  I'm not sure if it was he or I that was lost.  So I picked up my trusty cell phone and called him.  To think, that was not even an option 10 years ago.  Not that there weren't cell phones 10 years ago, but that there would not have been service out there.  But all it took was a phone call to find him.  I didn't have run around asking people if they had seen him.  I did not have to just sit there hoping that he would return soon.  I just had to call him.  Simple.

This is similar to our relationship with God.  There are times we feel lost.  We don't know where we are and can't find home.  In these times we have options.  We can ask other people to help us get back to where we were.  We can just sit and wait for God to come to us.  Or we can just call Him. Of course we wouldn't call Him on our cell phones, but we can get our knees and have a direct line to Him.

One amazing thing about calling God, there's no busy signal, call waiting, or voice mail.  There is no static.  He can hear clearly.  We don't have to find a high place, lift our leg, touch our nose, and jump to get a good signal.  So we can be in the middle of Timbuktu with no towers and we can still call Him and He will answer.

On those days you need someone to talk to, call the One who has no answering machine.  He will take your call now.  He will listen.  He wants to know your cares, your worries.  He wants to hear about how your day went.  He wants to hear the good things.  Talk to him like you would talk to your friend.

And something that is even greater than Him listening, He will answer.  He is the friend with solutions, and He knows how to make it happen.  He is not just going to listen and then walk away like He never heard it.  He will answer your prayers.

Don't feel lost.  Just call on Him.  He will answer.  Our prayers are answered By God's Amazing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment